We hope you enjoy watching our family grow!
Andy, Molly, Anna, Emma, and Nora


Sunday, June 5, 2011

England - Day 1

Finally I am posting about our trip! I will just be posting a day at a time because there are so many pictures I want to share. Our trip began at Chicago's Ohare airport, where we left around 4PM on Monday, May 2nd. Our flight was pretty tight, but we made it with only a couple mishaps. At one point I spilled water on Anna, so that was a mess. Anna didn't sleep more than a couple hours, and it was the "night flight" so we thought she would. She really did great for the tight quarters we were in, so we have no complaints. The woman sitting next to us did consume a large amount of red wine, so I'm not sure that she felt the same!

We arrived to London's Heathrow airport around 8AM (2AM CST) on Tuesday, May 3rd. Jami and Kyle had arranged for a driver to pick us up from the airport, so after we got our luggage we found a lady with a sign that said "Andy Hammond". We arrived on the most beautiful day and enjoyed the 2 hour drive from the airport to Jami and Kyle's house in a town named Oundle (pronounced OWndle). I thought we would all be so tired, but the adrenaline kept us going! After a long winter and rainy spring, the English countryside was exactly what our family needed. You can see our driver on the right side of the vehicle, driving on the left side of the road.


A lot of the farmers grow rapeseed, so we saw a lot of gorgeous yellow fields.









Welcome to Oundle!


View from Jami and Kyle's "garden" (aka back patio).











After Andy and Anna's naps (I couldn't sleep!), we walked down to get fish and chips to bring back for dinner.


The front of their house, just gorgeous.




The church a block from their house, funny story about my Mass experience to come on Day 6.

The two girls walking down the street go to the boarding school in town, you will see these kids throughout my pictures.
This dress was in a 2nd hand store window - it is the dress that the 2 flower girls wore in our wedding!

The local pub that we enjoyed a few times during our trip!
Fish and chips to go please :)

Day 1 was perfect! More to come soon :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're posting about your trip! Those fields are lovely!

    ReplyDelete