We hope you enjoy watching our family grow!
Andy, Molly, Anna, Emma, and Nora


Saturday, September 10, 2011

Summer 2011....where did it go?

Wow, I can't believe how fast this summer has gone. Maybe it's because we've had a pretty eventful summer. Here's a recap: Andy and I both got new jobs in June. We found out like 3 days apart, and we both officially started on July 5th. Mine is less of a change than his; I still work in the same building I just have different responsibilities. I really enjoy my new position, and I am glad I got the opportunity. Andy's job change was a little more life changing. He still works for a utility, but now he works for the Ameren gas utility in Champaign-Urbana. One of the changes that came with this new job is that we need to move closer to Urbana. So, we decided to go ahead and try to sell the house (even though we technically have 3 years to move). Some friends of ours who we literally grew up with are buying it, and we couldn't be happier. It's nice to know that the house which we've devoted the last 6 years to will be in good hands. We are moving the second week of October, and last weekend we finally found a place to call home :) We are going to rent a house in the country near the church where we got married. We are excited to be settled while we look for something more permanent.

In the meantime, we have had a busy summer otherwise. Anna is growing up way too fast, but one of the benefits of that is she is now potty trained! Yay! She is really doing great with it. We had our first "outing" today in big girl panties, and she did great. We worked really hard at it over Labor Day weekend, but it was well worth it. Andy and I couldn't be more proud :) Here is a recap of some of our summer activities. I promise I will finish the England trip soon!

In July, we took a trip to see Uncle Bob, Aunt Karen, Rob, and Ashley. Aunt Karen baked a cake for Anna's birthday, so she got a second birthday party :)


Look at that awesome candle!



We had a couple play dates with Cami and Colton to the children's museum in Champaign and then in Normal a couple weeks later. Thank goodness for my "every other" Friday off!






We got to see Paisley, Baby Reagan and Jenny in Tuscola and went to Monicals after shopping!

We went for an overnight trip to the Quad Cities for the Quinlan family reunion.





The Normal Children's Discovery Museum was a lot cooler than Orpheum in Champaign. The kids had a blast there.

Cousin Cami turned 2!





And there were plenty of nights to sit outside at home, too! All in all it was a fantastic summer, and we are so blessed to have such great people to enjoy it with.

1 comment:

  1. First off, I can't believe you've been in that house for SIX years. WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?!

    Second, Anna is literally getting prettier every day!

    ReplyDelete